Sunday, January 25, 2009

Whine and Taxes

If you heard a popping sound yesterday, that was just my head exploding. Almost the whole day yesterday was spoken in “whine-ese” . (ahaha. Like that pun?)

It was mostly the girls; Mouse: “I wanna watch ttttttvvvvvv! MooOOOm, Baboo toke my “xyz”! I wanna hold me neeewwww pannntieeess”. Baboo just whined and cried about everything. Needless to say, Hubster and I were not really in the best of moods by lunchtime.

After lunch, Hubster retreated to his office computer and I decided to trim the girls’ hair. Mouse’s was getting really ratty at the ends and her bangs were hanging ½ way down her eyes. I will remember next time to SEPARATE them when I trim hair. Baboo kept dancing around in front of Mouse and bumping her feet, so Mouse’s trim took MUCH longer than I thought it would. It did turn out pretty even.

For Baboo, I decided to give her some bangs. We are so sick of her hair sliding out of any barrettes and elastics to hang straight down her face to her chin to get stuck to her face with food, juice, boogers. Gross. I only did a little bit of a bang, and may do more in a day or 2 when I see how it does when the rest of her hair is up, but it looks really cute. She learned from her sister though to keep saying “Done yet, Mommy? Sigh”. (Hers took all of 3.5 minutes).

No one paid me a million dollars this time.

When we were done, I put Dora on for the girls for a bit and then I figured, heck, why not start our taxes!? I know, I’m insane.

So I started the taxes. Installed the program and pulled together as much of the paperwork as I could. I learned, though, that last year was one hell of a complicated year tax-wise and so I had to make about 15 trips to the office upstairs to get more and more paper work. Hubster kept saying, playing happily at his computer, “Here again?”. By the last time, I thought, “Uh yeah, and if you ask me that one more time, I’m going to drop kick you, pal!” (He has not ever touched a tax form).

Anyway, I didn’t whine too much, but I sure wanted to. Good grief.

So after I finished as much of the Federal stuff as I could for now and cursed as I downloaded the second State forms, I decided it was time for Mouse and I to get out of the house for some retail therapy. So we headed to Kohls. Mouse needs a new winter coat next year and we figured now was a good time to look. We did find a coat and snowpants for 70% off! And boots and new hat/gloves. We got new gloves and hat for Baboo too. Guess what they wore all evening? Hat, gloves and boots. In the house. Baboo wore Mouse’s new boots – size 9. She’s a size 5. She clomped around in those things for well over an hour. What a kid. Anyway, it killed the whinies, so we were happy about that.

Then the sillies arrived in time for dinner and it was like a circus of pretend burping, giggling, exaggerated chomping and fork dropping, punctuated by Hubster and I saying “Please stop. That’s not good manners” before we instituted the “if you continue you will have to eat by yourself” rule.

Needless to say, it was early bedtime for everyone last night, including Hubster and I.

What a day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admit I have never touched a tax document either. Leave all of that to Hubby. Just hope the two you know what you are doing! Anyhoo - try ditching the kids and shop by yourself sometimes - that can be some of the best therapy as well :)

Tee

Left of Ordinary said...

Turbo Tax is pretty easy to use, it holds my hand pretty much through the whole process. It's just the process that's a pain in the butt.

Yeah, I would have gone by myself if I didn't need Mouse there to try on coats etc.

Miss ya!

messyfunmommylife said...

I have heard nothing but WHIIIINNNNE all day today! Since this morning when Aiden climbedi n my bed and wannnnted soommmme hoooot choooocolate. I feel ya sister!