Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Stinky Snow Day

We’re buried in snow today, like at least 8-10 inches of snow and it’s still coming down. School is cancelled just about everywhere and in a way I’m glad. We need a down day here to just chill out, play outside and go sledding, do more “crafts” and play and then follow it all up with some fresh baked cookies we made yesterday and hot chocolate. I’m hoping to get some tidying up and packing done today.

As we were taking our time getting it together this morning, my idyllic snow day bubble burst as the girls started with the knock-knock jokes. Or what they call knock-knock jokes only because they all start with knock-knock.

M: Mommy! Knock-knock (rapping knuckles on my shoulder)
Me: Who’s there?
M: (look around frantically for something to say)… Glasses
Me: Glasses who?
M: Glasses stinky!! (Insert hilarious laughter here)

Repeat with other smaller daughter…. Because I really need to hear the same joke twice.
Follow with several other ridiculous jokes all with a xyz-stinky/tootie/poopie punch line. Oy.

Mouse’s teacher did warn us that this is the age for potty talk and let me tell ya, we’re getting some serious potty talk around here. Poopie, tootie, fart, fake burping, peepee, butts, BOOGERS… it’s all VERRRRRYYY funny these days. And repeated … often. OY.

And it’s only 8:15 am. Thank goodness for lots of coffee. I think I’m going to need it today.

Now, I’m off to go and shovel the driveway. Again. Yay. Snow day! (groan)

No comments: