Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Trouble Spot Tuesday: Address Book

Well, I warned you last week that I’m working on my address book this week.

It’s taken me all week to get it together – seriously. I combed through old email, gathered up scraps of paper and ripped off return addresses from envelopes. I pulled out an old address book that I’ve had, um, just about forever. I also had about 20 business cards – dentists, realtors, doctors, etc.

Then I attempted to be happy with Microsoft’s contacts, but well, I couldn’t find my happy place with it.

So I pulled out my old Treo, which actually barely works, but I love the address book that comes with the software. It’s easy, simple and straight forward. And then I loaded that baby up. I had a copy of some addresses on the Palm One Treo program that is loaded on Hubster’s computer so I imported it onto mine and did a lot of updating. I categorized everything by friends/family/playgroup/business/school.

It’s great that it’s all in one place and having it set up on my machine it makes it easy to update as well. I don’t know why it took me this long to do this, other than sheer laziness. And hopefully I won't have to ask my Mum for my grandfather's address for the 20th time.

So, get your stuff together, treat yourself to a new address book or program, get all your bits and pieces together and get it done. You know you want to.

As an update to the Calendar version, I was in Target the other day WITH my calendar WITH the little list tab on the side, and another woman yelled across 2 aisles – “HEY! I have the SAME calendar! Don’t you LOVE IT!?” Then she proceeded to tell me that she has her kids completely color coordinated in the calendar and out of the calendar (laundry baskets, hangers etc). Which is a good idea, but well, probably more than I really wanted to know.

AND… I’ve gotten about 95% of the birthday cards I needed to get for this year and all of the kids gifts.

My Mum would be proud – I’m “accomplishing” things. *wink*

No comments: