Friday, December 19, 2008

Salon Mommy

Today was the first time I’ve ever cut Mouse’s hair. She needed her bangs trimmed and lately the hair places have been cutting them too short and in the interest of saving a few bucks, I figured why not?

We had to make a big production about it so that it was a like a REAL salon, because there’s nothing this girl likes better than an “occasion”!

She hopped up onto my desk chair, which raises/lowers. We dramatically draped a “cape” (aka towel) around her. I spritzed her bangs and got ready to start snipping.

She says: Well m’am, I didn’t know you worked here.

Me: I just opened.

She: Oh, that’s very nice. (she’s already better at salon small talk than I am)

Me: Since you are the first customer of “Salon Mommy” this will cost you a million dollars.

She: (will all seriousness) Ok, if do a good job.

Ahahahahahaha.

I take her over to the mirror to inspect my work. She says, (because she’s so humble) “I look fabulous!” and reaches behind her to her imaginary pocketbook and hands me my imaginary million dollars. I guess that is what I get for being an imaginary hair dresser.

And for the record… her bangs turned out just fine.

No comments: