Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Undermining My Fragile Confidence?

My information was forwarded to a friend of someone who has signed up to take my morning Pilates class on Friday. This friend included the forwarded part of the email when she emailed to let me know that’s she’s interested and to keep me in mind if a space becomes available.

Here is the forwarded message in its’ entirety:

“Here is the Pilates information. As I told you before it looks filled, but I am guessing that will not last long.”

Now, maybe I’m over-analyzing; but what does “…guessing that will not last long” mean? Does it mean that this person doesn’t have high expectations for the class? Doesn’t expect me to stick with it? Doesn’t think interest will be that great in the end? Does this person think that someone will drop out and there will be a space available for her friend? (which is very possible).

I’m feeling a bit stung , but am probably being overly sensitive because of nerves. However, now I really have butterflies about my classes. I really want this to take off and do well. ACK!

No worries… Trouble Spot Tuesday is coming up later today!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

No, no. It has to mean that you would have to have another class due to all the interest especially once things get going. And if not, screw it. The class will rock! I'm positive.