Friday, January 23, 2009

Hello? Is this thing on?

Uh yeah, so it’s Friday already, huh? I’ve kind of misplaced a few days. I did have a few post ideas in my head but I really haven’t had the time to sit down and write and haven’t really formulated enough thoughts to get them down. Ah yes, kind of like writers block, if I was, you know, a writer. How about a brain fart? That sounds better. Noisy, obnoxious and not very pleasant.

So in lieu of an actual post, there is a run-down of this past week:

So what HAVE I been doing? Well, I seem to have clawed my way out of the depths of despair, thankfully, and am certainly feeling more human. I’m feeling less isolated and certainly more positive than I have been in a while.

I’ve actually taught 2, yes 2 REAL Pilates classes this week and it’s been great. My poor classes have been limping along with illness and bad weather so to have them ramping up is a great feeling. There is interest there and so far people “seem” like the classes.

Today Mouse received 2 HUGE bags of hand-me-down clothes from a friend at school so she spent a gleeful hour trying on clothes like Pretty Woman, flouncing around in all her “new” duds and preening. She was so in her element. She chose to wear a pair of pj’s out of ALL the clothes she got. Um, ok. We LOVE hand-me-downs and it’s been a great couple of weeks for them. Recently, we got 2 huge bags of clothes for Baboo , some of which fit Mouse, so we’re so super stocked with clothes right now. Oy. Maybe over-stocked. However, strangely, I have very few summer clothes for Baboo this coming summer. I’m not sure what happened to all of Mouse’s old clothes. They seem to have vanished. Weird.

We’ve been busy with school, as we always are. We have a few fundraisers going on right now and I’m working on a committee and am apparently running for board secretary for next year. It’s a good thing. We love our school.

My head is getting ready for our big trip south next week, so that’s been occupying a large portion of my brain as well. We’ve already sent down most of our clothes with my folks, but it’s all the weird little stuff that I didn’t think about that we’ll need to bring.

We’ve been invited to a birthday party next week for one of Mouse’s school friends and I’m so, so happy that I’ve stocked up on birthday cards and little gifts perfect for this kind of thing. All I have to do is head out to the garage and choose something and we’re set. We have got a HUGE bin of gift bags etc – all saved from gifts given to us, so going to this party should be pretty simple. We’re really looking forward to it and of course, Mouse LOVES a party.

We’ve visited and touched base with our 2 closest neighbours and that was definitely a good thing. I feel like we’ve all been in a cave the past 2 months with the wintery weather. And yesterday we went to see a friend’s (who moved here from Eastcoast-ville) new house. We had a wonderful day talking and catching up and watching our gaggle of girls play. Of course, we were highly impressed with the great new digs as well.

However, the highlight of my week was yesterday morning. I did NOT get up at 6 to exercise because I was lazy, (dammit) and so I was just lounging in bed while Hubster got dressed to go to work. (I know, it seems so stereo-typically house-wife-ish. Pass the bonbons!) Mouse woke up and came down the hall and crawled into bed with me. We snuggled quietly for a bit until Baboo woke up. When she wakes up, she just keeps yelling people’s names until someone comes to get her: “Mommeeee! Daddeeee! Mouse! Ewebodeee!” Hubster went to get her and she ran down the hall, clambered up on the bed, and threw herself down on the pillow, narrowly missing cracking me in the head with hers. She snuggled right in, like Mouse was on my other side, pulled the blankets right up to her chin, then grabbed my face, looked me right in the eyes and say “I wuv YOU, Mommee”, breathing her baby morning breath all over my face. And then proceeded to poke me in the eye and pinch my nose.

Ah, priceless moments. I think my heart melted a little bit. Wouldn’t trade it for a million dollars.

Over all, the week ended better than it started and I’m certainly grateful for that.

No comments: