Friday, January 9, 2009

Premonition?

Note to self: No matter how hard lovable, convincing but SICK daughter begs for cherries, do not give them to her.

Becprints over at A Couple Bit recommended a cleaner to me a few weeks ago. It’s LA’s TOTALLY AWESOME (stain remover and degreaser). Her mother in law told her to buy it because it was TOTALLY AWESOME. And Becprints, who really hates to talk anything “house-frauish” tried it and was amazed at it’s TOTALLY AWESOME cleaning abilities. She was walking around her house removing stains like a crazed woman hopped up on TOTALLY AWESOME cleaner fumes.

So, the other day I was at the Dollar Store where this product can be purchased and decided to give it a try. I figured it might be handy to have on hand, some day.

Little did I know that I would need it in the very near future; like, um, 2 days later when said sick daughter woke up mid Tylenol induced nap and threw up Sprite and cherries (again, I ask myself, WHAT WAS I THINKING!?) all over the beige carpet.

I cleaned up Mouse, wiped up as much of the mess on the carpet as I could then mixed up a batch of TOTALLY AWESOME cleaner as per the instructions for cleaning carpets. I had a bunch of towels on hand to start mopping and scrubbing… but… I didn’t need to! As soon as that cleaner hit the carpet the stain, that I thought was going to live there forever, I mean come on, it was cherry juice – THAT never comes out, was GONE. Instantly. I stood on some old towels just to mop up any extra liquid and then hit it with some water to rinse it a bit but otherwise, the carpet is fine.

So thanks Becprints. It really is TOTALLY AWESOME cleaner. My brain is already thinking of other things to try it out on.

(I can’t help it, I have to type TOTALLY AWESOME in caps. It just begs for it).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope Mouse is feeling better.

I think I have heard of this product but have never tried it. I just might considering what I am finding once the kids are not around :)

TEE

Rebecca said...

Ha! i told you it was TOTALLY AWESOME! I didn't know it was THAT awesome, though!