Thursday, January 8, 2009

Gotchyer Nose

We were outside playing in the snow for the second time today; trying out our new sleds (which are awesome and work much better than the placemats) and getting some fresh air. There’s no doubt that Mouse has Canada in her blood because she cannot get enough of playing the snow.

Baboo, who seems a bit out of sorts today, just wanted to swing in the blue rocket swing. I had to keep doing “blast off”, which involves holding the swing up, shaking it a bit (like a rocket getting ready to launch) and a countdown from 5 followed by a big push while yelling “BLAST OFF”. Anything less involved much whining and carrying on, but she DID NOT want to go inside.

So as she’s swinging, I’m trying to keep her happy in between pushing Mouse down the hill on the crazy carpet. I pretended to grab her nose with my mittens. What ensued was a fit of hysteria and screaming “GIVE.IT. BACK, MAMA!” Genuinely surprised, I said “What?!!” Baboo started crying “Put nose BACK! It’s MINE.”. So, as she swung back towards me, I carefully “put” her nose back. When I was done she said “Thank-um” (which is her version of thank you and you’re welcome combined, that whole 2 birds, 1 stone thing, I guess) and kept swinging happily.

Oops. Guess I didn’t need that extra nose.

No comments: