Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Will I Ever Learn?

One day I will learn that stress manifests itself physically for me. And not in a good way. Sure, I try to outsmart it, recall that last week I mentioned taking some Zicam to fight off a cold I thought I was getting. I didn’t actually GET sick, but, well… I fought the stress and the stress won.

Sunday morning I woke up with pee of fire, the tell-tale sign of a urinary tract infection. I drank a bunch of water, took some Advil and soldiered on, planning to buy some cranberry juice and get some rest later in the day. I did those things and felt better most of Monday. I figured that maybe I caught it early enough…

Until last night. I could feel my back getting a bit sore and I didn’t sleep well last night and this morning I really felt bad. I had planned to take the girls to the zoo with a friend and had to cancel. I was able to get an appointment for 11:30 so we had most of the morning to kill. It was a gorgeous day, so despite feeling like I was going to wet myself every 2 seconds, we went to a state park just down the street from us. Luckily, it not only had several playgrounds and nice walking trails but lots of clean, convenient bathrooms. Which I used. Often.

Anyway, the diagnosis is a UTI and I’m on antibiotics and some UTI painkiller than turns my frequent urine to a triple tang coloured orange. Fancy pee, that’s what it is.

I’m hoping by tomorrow that the antibiotics will have kicked in and I’ll feel better. Right now, I feel really crappy; nauseas, achy, crampy, not fun. I’m supposed to be assisting in Mouse’s class tomorrow and she’s very excited that I’ll be there. I hope I feel well enough to actually be useful.

Damn that stress. It gets me EVERY time. Grr. One day I will learn that… or hopefully learn to balance things better.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

bleck.. sorry!
Your pee of fire comment got Johnny Cash in my mind.. and it burns burns burns, that pee of fire, that pee of fire...

Left of Ordinary said...

Bwahahaha. No kidding