Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Birthday Cake Take 2

So, yesterday I made a new set of cakes from a tried and true recipe. It’s not called “Damn Good Chocolate Cake” for nothing. Why mess with what works? I shouldn’t have, but have redeemed myself with damn chocolately goodness. So say the masses anyway, it was pretty quiet while everyone ate the cake and no one died, so I guess it turned out ok. Ha.

Last night I planned out what I was going to do… kind of. I got out my cake decorating tips, which I barely know how to use. Got a huge plate of M&M’s ready and mixed up a boat load of frosting and had at it.

I think that this turned pretty cute considering I’ve never really “made” a cake before. Yes, I’ve done cakes in pans and done mountains of sprinkles, but never made a cake that looked like anything.



When Baboo saw it this morning she said “Yehaw!”, so at least it looked enough like a carousel for her to recognize it. Then she asked if she could get on it. Uh, no.

The party today was a lot of fun and it seemed like everyone had a good time. I’m getting better about planning enough to do, but not too much so and timing things better so that they flow and the kids don’t get too crazy. We did a few simple games, bubbles outside, played with balloons and ate. Both girls did great. Whenever anyone said “Happy Birthday” to Baboo, she said “Happy Birthday, thank you” right back. What a riot!

I can’t believe that my baby is almost 2! ACK!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

The cake looks AMAZING!!! I'm so impressed.