Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Going to Crazy with Company

We had a big storm last night with some heavy rain and a lot of wind. The wind was strong enough to shake the house and make my heart race. (See my last post where I was starting to freak out about tornados).

On top of that, Baboo is sick. It’s nothing major, just a cold, but it’s bad enough that she had a hard time getting to sleep. She was moaning and crying out and coughing a lot.

Needless to say, none of us got much sleep last night and we all woke up in less than stellar moods. Mouse was being a bit of a pain getting dressed, I was sore and tired and starting to feel a little cold funk coming on myself (bring on the Zicam – again), and Baboo was whiney with a capital W. It was 7:32 am and I already felt like my last nerve was being pulled… twang, twing, plink!

While waiting desperately for the coffee to finish brewing and trying to make Mouse’s lunch with Baboo clinging to my leg and whining “Moooooooo-cough-meeeee. I neeeedddd –cough- yyyyouuuuu. Iiiiii neeeeed uuupppp –cough-cough”. I looked at Hubster across the kitchen island as he was getting his lunch ready for work and said “If you come home and find my head exploded all over the front lawn tonight, you’ll know why. It’s because I’ve gone crazy.”

Baboo popped up and yelled “Can I come too?!!” Hubster and I both laughed and said “Sure”.

Next thing I know she’s got her shoes out of the closet and has them ON the right feet. She ran over to me with a big smile and said “I READY! SEE!?”

Well, my dear, you sure are ready, even though I’m not. However, at least one of us has our sneakers on today. I think we’re going to need them.

No comments: