Monday, June 8, 2009

Distraction from Lost Keys

So, still no keys, despite offering the girls a dollar if they found them and a concerted effort on my part, which largely involved making a larger mess before cleaning up an original mess. Like the play room, the swim bag and Mouse’s dress up clothes. Oh and getting grass stains on my pants as I crawled around on the lawn.

I did, however, find a blue key chain that says “Las Vegas” on it. It does not have my keys on it, or any keys for that matter, though my key chain is blue. I also found a dead bird under our deck. None of these is overly helpful.

I will distract you from my key finding incompetence with some funny Baboo anecdotes.

Tonight at dinner, we were all pretty over tired which meant a lot of giggling and general silliness. Baboo started asking what colour everyone’s eyes were. She asked us to take off our glasses so she could see, then she’d howl with laughter when we took our glasses off. Why? I don’t know. So I asked her what colour HER eyes were. She proceeded to twist her head this way and that and rolling her eyes to “see”. She stopped after a few seconds and shrugged her shoulders and said “I don’t know! I can’t SEE them!” I think Hubster and I wet our pants laughing.

We have a lot of maple trees in our area that are dropping their “helicopter” seeds like crazy. When we go for a walk, she collects them by the handful and puts them in the cupholders in the stroller trays. Mouse calls them “twirly-twirlies” because, well, they twirl. One day we were walking with Hubster and it was taking forever because Baboo was collecting so many of these things. He said that it seemed like we had enough “twirly-twirlies”. She stopped, put her hands on her hips, shook her head from side to side and said “Daddy! They are called SQUIRRELY-SQUIRRELIES!”

Ok, there was another one I was going to write, but I can’t remember, and generally that’s a sign that my brain is getting ready to power down. So I suppose I should wrap this up before my brain battery just dies. (ha).

Oh, I will share another yummy thing to do with 4 lbs of strawberries and leftover whipping cream used to make ice cream. Looks good, huh? And yes, I did whip that cream by hand. Wonder why I’m not losing any weight? No, me either.



No comments: