Friday, July 31, 2009

A Herd? A Heard?

There is a herd (heard ... ahaha) of tap dancing elephants on the roof right now, who are threatening to fall through the cathedral ceiling of our bedroom at any minute.

Ok, so not really.

The bad news about the hail we had a few months ago, is that it destroyed some of my plants, which likely will not recover until next year. The good news is that it destroyed our roof. Good news you ask? Well, kind of. We needed a new roof in the next few years and were saving towards it, but the thing with having a big-ass house, is that it comes with a big-ass roof, which costs a butt-load of money to replace.

The hail and wind we've had lately has done enough damage for our insurance to cover replacing the roof. I'm warily relieved, as I know that this will likely bite us in the ass down the road but am glad we dont' have to scrimp over the next year or 2 to save up a boat load of money. How about, I'm humbly happy that it's being replaced. (insert proper sacrifices to house/insurance gods here).

So right now, my roof is crawling with roofers who are tromping around, ripping off shingles and banging away. The girls squeal every time a pile of shingles fall to the ground and I try not to cringe as I imagine what's left of my plants being flattened by the same falling shingles.

I've scheduled a playdate this morning with a new school family we are mentoring. A playdate here. At our house. I thought the roof would be done by today, but apparently it's not. I hope I can HEAR her when she's here. Though I may be deaf by the end of the day. A "pounding" headache is likely in my future.

Ha.Ha.

No comments: