Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summer Daze...

We’ve officially had ONE, yes, ONE day of summer break and it was enough to make me realize that my dream of a relaxing, laid back summer was probably going to be out of the question.

These girls want STRUCTURE and PLAYDATES and THINGS TO DO. And they can’t entertain themselves for more than 4.3 minutes without requiring me for something, so um, yeah. I’m back to the drawing board and scrambling a to fill the month of June in a bit more. So this week, will be our chaos week while I get my ducks in a row, and, it looks like next week will be a bit hectic also because we have a bunch of things going on. I hope it's a week with a bit more structure. I hope.

And it will mean I need to get my head out of my butt and off of the computer and get to work. Is it wrong to schedule spontaneous things? Probably, but well... a Mom's gotta do what a Mom's gotta do.

But first… more COFFEE! Oy.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Good luck with your planned spontaneity- and yes i think that is what a relaxing summer requires.