Friday, May 15, 2009

BRATS

I’ve got 2 BRATS. Ha. I’m kidding (most of the time).

Yes, this is another post about poop and puke because we’ve still got it going on. Sporadically, but continuing. It’s been a week now. I’m exhausted. Hubster is exhausted. The girls are exhausted. In fact, Mouse, who I dragged to bed for a “rest” kicking and SCREAMING “I’m NOT tired!” is CRASHED. Down for the count. It took all of 4 minutes for her to fall asleep.

After another particularly bad run last night with Mouse that involved 4 showers in the space of 2 hours, I took her to the doctor today. Of course, she seemed fine when we were there. Perky, silly, snacking hungrily on crackers (her first food since LUNCH yesterday) – typical 5 year old. And her sidekick, a very LOUD obnoxious little sister who kept screaming “I HAS A SMELLY BUTT CWACK” when I tried to talk to the doctor, and bouncing off the walls after being cooped up for 2.5 hours in a small waiting room. Not that I blame her, and she did smell (remnants of the last few days, I think) –but geez! I couldn’t THINK in there. I think I sounded like a moron.

After a short examination and raised eyebrows from the nurses and doctor that smacked of “hypochondriatic mother” as they witnessed my rambunctious, healthy-appearing children and listened to my sweet, lovely 5 year old saying “I feel just fine! My tummy doesn’t hurt”, we were given a stool collection seat, a handful of gloves and papers about the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast). Both girls were laughing and running out of the office with their chosen treasure chest items and charming all the nurses and staff with their cheerful cuteness, until… we got to the car. And then Mouse just melted. She was visibly exhausted almost as soon as she got into her seat.

I wanted to run back in and say “See?! SEEE!!??? She really IS sick!!”. But I didn’t, because 3 hours in there was MORE than enough for me.

So we’re carrying on with our orders for both kids because they seem to be passing it to one another, and Baboo has also had some issues, albeit to a lesser degree. We're to eliminate all dairy, feed the kids any kind of low fiber carbohydrate they want (I think I’m going to need to go to the store for this) and just take it easy for a few days. Of course, the minute they came home they wanted CANDY! And MILK! And JUICE ! And YOGURT! (no yogurt until Sunday)

Oy. It could be a long weekend.

Anyway, I’m off to get disinfecting and sorting and cleaning – once I summon the strength to get my ass out of the chair. Maybe another Premium Mocha M&M will help me. Ha.

No comments: