Sunday, February 28, 2010

Just Take the Alligator

I tell ya, this kid is totally cracking me up these days, and while YOU may be sick of the Baboo anectodes, I’m writing them down so I don’t forget them. (and it’s my blog, so nah,nah,nah,nah,nahhhh)

Yesterday, while waiting for the tire to be fixed on the car, we, Hubster, the girls and I were wandering around a local enormous sporting goods store, looking for soccer gear for Mouse. As Mouse was trying on some cleats (and she looks so freaking adorable in her shorts and cleats) Baboo kept trying to get Hubster’s attention.

Baboo: Daddy! DADDY! Look!

Hubster: (looking through mountains of boxes of cleats trying to find some small enough for Mouse, distractedly)… Yes, Baboo.

Baboo: DADDY! LOOK AT THE ALLIGATOR!

Hubster: (still distractedly) Um, I don’t think there are any alligators here.

Baboo: YES THERE IS! RIGHT THERE! (pointing dramatically and vaguely)

Hubster: (finally paying attention, looking around) Well, I don’t see any alligators, Baboo. Do you see a picture somewhere of an alligator?

Baboo: (sighing dramatically) DA-DDY. It’s RIGHT there? See? You go up? Can we go and ride on the alligator?

Hubster: (blinking in shock and confusion – then the light goes on): OOOOH! You mean the ESCALATOR!

Baboo: That’s what I said! The alligator. The big stairs! Can we ride on them?

Hubster: (trying not to laugh) Once we’re done with the shoes, we’ll go over there.

Baboo: (jumping up and down like she’s won the lottery) YAY! I can finally ride on an ALLIGATOR!!

No comments: