Friday, February 12, 2010

From the Mouth of Baboo...

I’m swamped and treading water like crazy trying to keep up with life these days. Too busy livin’ and runnin’ to write. Sorry. However, while Mouse has been going through some weird 5.5 year old tantrum transitions (good grief), Baboo who will be 3next month is cracking me up with the things she’s saying.

Baboo is fascinated with trying to write her letters right now. She recognizes them all, which surprises me as she learned them without me really doing anything. And I remember at this age, Mouse being driven to figure out the mechanics of writing as well, so we’re going with it. The other day, Baboo brought out a little notepad and some crayons and said it was time to work on her “letter-bet”.

This morning as I was brushing Baboo’s hair, she looked down at her hands and noticed some silver craft sparkles on them.
Baboo: Mom! Look at my hands. Theres’ some SPARKLES on dem!
Me: Wow. Look at that. Pretty!
Baboo: I don’t want to wash my hands. They’re soooo “blinky”.

Today, after school, piano, traffic, Valentine’s day parties, elementary school shopping, Literacy night planning, Pilates classes, yada-yada, the girls and I were feeling kind of run down and decided to have an afternoon on the couch. Mouse was very cuddly and seems to need that kind of thing right now, and Baboo wasn’t going to be left out, so we just cuddled and watched some tv and read a mountain of books. It was very nice. After a while, the wigglies moved in and the girls started to get silly. They started smooshing my face around (and I remember doing the same to my mother) with their hands to make me make silly faces. At one point, I took my glasses off so they wouldn’t get broken and was holding them in my hands. Baboo, tried to grab them and yelled, “HEY! It’s MY TURN with the glasses! I want to look weird too!” I’m still not sure how to take that.

To my in Eastcoastville… stay warm! Doubley yikes on all the snow you guys have gotten!

No comments: