Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Highs and Lows

It’s been an interesting week of highs and lows. Nothing too extreme, but it’s all I’ve got to post right now.

High:
I’m feeling almost 100%. Zicam (and its’ Target brand knock off) kicked butt with my cold last week and I only felt truly miserable for 2 days.

Low:
Despite my best cleaning efforts, my Mum went home sick (but again, Zicam kicked some butt) and my Dad ended up getting sick shortly after arriving home.

Semi-Low:
I went to get my hair cut at a new salon last week. The girl did a good job, but it wasn’t quite what I wanted.

Super High:
I went back over the weekend and she corrected it for me. Then straightened it. And I LOVED my hair. LOVED IT. It was *wow* kind of hair. It really was. Is. I looked like a different person, actually so different that Baboo cried and said she didn’t like it. And, when I asked about the flat iron she uses, she told me it was a $15 one from Walmart. Guess what I bought? HA! No kidding.

High:
We had a great visit with my Mum, Dad and Bro. I’m so glad they came. The kids did very well and we all had fun together and doing separate things. We celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving and an early birthday for my Mum with a turkey that turned out BEAUTIFULLY and a pumpkin cake that was delicious (and even better the next day, guys, seriously).

Low:The recycling truck decided to drive by at 6:50 yesterday morning instead of the usual 10 am, and now I have an enormous mountain of recycling in my garage for another 2 weeks until the next pickup.

Low:
Baboo ended up with fevers and a cold (not strep or flu, thankfully) and has kept me up for the last 3 nights.

High:
PBS and Nick Jr saved my hide yesterday when I had both kids home and everyone was exhausted and crabby.


High:
Baboo seems to be doing much better today.

Low:
Today I have a mountain of laundry, mostly 5 bed changes from Baboo’s bed after 2 nights of throwing up.

No comments: