Monday, October 19, 2009

Happiness Is...

100 years ago when I was 5 (ok, so maybe I’m exaggerating a little… I only FEEL 100 years old, but 35 is getting close), I had a school t-shirt that said “Happiness Is…” and then my elementary school name with a picture of Snoopy doing his happy dance on the front and my name on the back in fuzzy black letters.

It’s a safety nightmare these days, but back then, I loved that shirt. Looking back at my last few posts, it looks as though I’ve been really down in the dumps. Little sleep, sickness, being overwhelmed and not taking care of oneself will do that to a gal. However, the last few days, I feel like I’ve had a lot of good things happen and I’m also trying to LOOK for the good things. I’m feeling positive and well, happy. For some reason my old t-shirt popped into my head the other day and so, I’ve had “Happiness is…” on the brain.

Happiness is….

A household that is 85% well.

A new freezer purchased with garage sale earnings and rewards from our credit card.

Having excellent neighbours/friends who spontaneously invite us over for a delicious, homey dinner, and afterwards us Mom’s hang out and chat, the kids play wonderfully together, and the Dad’s play Wii.

A good nights’ sleep with everyone sleeping in until at least 8 am the morning after the above mentioned dinner.

A cool but sunny fall day spent at a local pumpkin patch with Mouse’s class.

Finishing a photo wall in my hallway and really liking the results.

Ignoring the enormous mess I made in our bedroom while organizing and assembling the above photo wall. (lalalala… I can’t see you…)

My new travel coffee mug that is not only pretty, but was on sale and CLOSES so I won’t dump precious, hot coffee all over the car, my purse, my pants, the ground, the school etc… any more.

Having coffee IN the travel mug.

Magic Tree House books. Mouse is in LOVE with these stories and begs me to read “just *ONE MORE CHAPTER* every night. I love reading them and love that she hangs on every word.

Catching up with a good friend today and actually having room in both our schedules to be able to hang out tomorrow.

Having 2 kids that are soooo excited about “Halloween day” because they can’t wait to be “Halloweeners” (or is that Halloweiners?). And they love that we’ve decorated to make our house all Halloweeny (or is that Halloweinie?… Regardless, it still cracks me up every time).

Being a part of a school that has family Pumpkin Carving Night.

New books from the library.

Fall break at the end of this week and 2 extra mornings where we don’t have to rush out of the house.

New seasons of my favourite tv shows.

Tivo so I don’t have to watch any more mindless tv than I already do.

The new heated mattress pad I scored on a super sale with coupons and bells and whistles at Kohl's - especially now that I'm freezing my butt off.

Getting up to excercise at 0’dark thirty this morning and being glad I did all day.

Edited to add: A friend's handy hubby who came to help us out with some minor electrical issues and only charged us the cost of watching his kids so he could take his wife out one night.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

post - I hope you don't mind!

xoxoxoxoxo