Sunday, November 30, 2008

Left of Crummy

I was sitting on the couch last night watching tv and doing some Christmas cards when suddenly I felt a sore throat coming on. Yes, suddenly. I was fine ALL day and all evening until about 8:45. I immediately took some homeopathic remedy and some vitamin C and started guzzling water. I took a couple of Tylenol when I went to bed and that helped me sleep until the girls woke me up (and again they all ended up in our bed) and I realized I wasn’t really feeling that great. So I don’t feel horrible, but certainly not well. Just left of crummy. I hope I can fight this because we’re supposed to be hosting the board meeting here on Tuesday night. I can just picture me saying “Coffee? Tea? Do you want a cold with that?” Sigh. I suspect that Baboo is also getting sick as when I watch her swallow she looks like I feel.

ANYWAY… we woke up this morning to SNOW, our first of the season. There has been much dancing and yelling and running around to all the windows to see what the snow looks like from a different vantage point. We have, oh, maybe ½ an inch. However! We will be donning warm clothes (lots of them apparently), snow suits and boots to go and play outside. It’s 8:10 a.m. and judging by how fast Mouse is getting ready, we’re going to be dressed, fed and outside by about 8:23. I’m sure that’s some kind of record for her as she’s not known for being overly speedy in the morning.

Added to say: Mouse has just come back from a "mission" to get the snow covered paper from the end of the driveway. She walked in her boots like she was walking on the moon. Very slowly and deliberately lifting each foot. She touched the snow in several places before lugging the heavy, Sunday slippery-plastic-covered tube back to the door. She has proclaimed the snow "very thick".

No comments: