Monday, April 6, 2009

Potty Training Casualties

So, the update on Baboo’s potty training progress is mostly positive. Despite today being not such a great day, ok, the worst day so far with regards to accidents, overall, she’s doing pretty well. We do have some accidents and we do have to remind her to go, but overall, she seems able to hold it longer and will initiate going on her own most of the time. She’s really only in pull ups at nap time or if I know she’s really really tired during the day and know that our accident probability increases. She’s in a diaper over night, but only because we’ve got them and want to use them up.

I was in cleaning out mode while we were on spring “break” and have put a few of Baboo's things away. I’m not overly sad to see the change pad go as we haven’t used it in a while and it’s looking old and tired. I have put away the cloth diapers for now, but will likely switch over to those for night time once coverage once we’re finished with this round of disposables. I’ve also put away the diaper pails and I’m definitely glad not to have those out. Though, I know we’ll need one back eventually if we switch back to cloth at night.

Baboo’s crib has been converted to a toddler bed and so the bumper pad is away. I know that it will only be a matter of time before she won’t need the rocking chair in her room any more either. (ok, this makes me a bit sad).

The things that I’m very sad to see go are the overalls. Sigh. I love little kids in overalls. I’ve been fortunate to have had some really cute ones. And though my dryer seems to want to eat them (we’ve had to repair a few straps because the dryer just destroys them), they were my favorite clothing choice for the girls. I loved them as a kid and they were my FAVORITE thing to wear. Always. I called them Farmer Joes. My girls loved them too. But well, despite their cuteness factor, they are not practical for potty training. Buckles and bibs and straps. They’re just too complicated for little hands and tiny bladders. Sigh.

And so, with a sad heart, I bid good bye to the overalls. Sniff.

No comments: