Saturday, April 11, 2009

Egg-cellent

Oh, come on! It’s Easter… surely you expected a cheesy egg-referenced title.

This is what we did yesterday…




I cooked up a few eggs in the afternoon and then Mouse asked me about, oh, 290 times when it would be time to decorate eggs. Finally, after trying to get her to wait for Baboo to get up from her nap, I gave in and let her do some. We did a few with the little wax crayon thing and just dyed some plain. It was fun. And addictive.

Then I felt bad because Baboo didn’t get to do any, and well, I did just buy eggs, so I boiled up some more. And we coloured some more when Baboo got up. It was fun and the girls loved it and they turned out really cute.

According to Mouse, we’re going to leave a note for the Easter Bunny to tell him to hide the beautiful eggs we made OUTSIDE for us to find. This will be the first year that we’ll get to do a hunt outside, provided the weather cooperates. I told her the Easter bunny will take note of that.

And now, I have a dozen brightly coloured eggs, stinking up my fridge. Every time we open the door, we get a waft of sulfur (aka fart) right in the face. Hubster gets nauseas just thinking about going to the fridge. And me, being who I am, can’t bear to just THROW THEM OUT (though it’ll depend on how long they’ll be outside, I guess) because god forbid I waste $0.79 on a dozen eggs. I’ve been trying to think of ways to eat them (egg salad, deviled eggs); and make note that I am the only person who will eat hard boiled eggs in this house, without spiking my already high cholesterol to record heights.

No comments: