Friday, February 20, 2009

Ralph

So, after reading Becprint's post about Ralph from Ralph’s World, I was reminded of how much we enjoy his music and how much we needed something new to listen to. We’ve worn the Mama Mia cd OUT. Yikes.

While at the library earlier this week, I found a couple of his cd’s to borrow. For the ride home, we loaded one into the cd player in the car. As is usually the case for me, my nerves feel jarred when listening to something new, only because I’m not familiar with it. However, most of the time, by the second listening, I’m finding a new groove.

Well… the Happy Lemons cd is now PERMANENTLY recorded into my brain. The kids keep asking for the songs over and over again and we’ve all, including Baboo, been singing the Happy Lemons song all day. And that isn’t necessarily a bad thing, I mean really, with these lyrics, how I could be sad? (and am strangely craving lemonade which I normally don’t like)….

Happy lemons for happy days
Happy people with smiling faces
Happiness is a glass of lemonade

Le-mon-ade in the shade
Eve-ry-one loves lem-on-ade

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalala lemonade….

See? Aren’t you happy? Don’t you wish for a hot sunny day and a nice big glass of cold lemonade with a straw and a little umbrella to sip while you sit in the shade of a big tree? You should. If not, sing the song about 25 more times and you will. Oh yes, believe me, you will.

There’s a few songs on the cd that have a bit of a Beatles flair to them and one that sounds vaguely like Crowded House, probably one of my all time favourite bands. Its’ fun music that isn’t too “kiddie” or tinkley (some kids music sounds very plinky and tinkely and circus-y– I’m not sure how else to describe it, except, well, annoying!). Some of the lyrics are really funny. Even if I didn't have kids, I might have to listen to this cd.

Mouse loves the crazy song about Belly Buttons. Baboo just keeps saying “wawawawa wemons”. We’re in a groovin’ mood here today. And maybe I’ll join Becprints and become a Ralph groupie.

I guess that maybe this cd might have to come and live at our house. (Our own copy that is, not the library’s. Which we will buy; not burn. We’re not that kind of people, sheesh!).

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Now you've got that lemonade song trapped in my mind. But right now, M-o-m-m-y still needs c-o-f-f-e-e.