Sunday, February 1, 2009

Strawberries Stink

No really, they do. When they are fresh picked and ripe, they stink like… well, ass. They taste fine but when you have 2 buckets full sitting around the house, every time you open the fridge you get a waft of stink. And despite the smell, we’re still eating them hand over fist. They taste good and look lovely and once you clean them up and cut off the tops they’re delicious. Better than anything in the store. I feel kind of nuts though, eating something that has an odour de ass.

It’s like I can always tell how ripe a cantaloupe is by how farty it smells. I leave it on the counter after I buy it and I know it’s ready to eat when I walk into the kitchen and say “what the hell is that smell?”. I just peel it, carve it up and put it in the fridge for a while and we’re good to go. The best ones always smell the worst. Take the peelings out of the kitchen garbage right away or your kitchen will smell like ass. Gross.

Kind of like the strawberries.

Don’t you really want me to get you some fruit? No really? Don’t you? Shall I pass the ass?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one who thought that about fresh strawberries. Tasty but stinky!

Glad to hear you guys has a great time.

Tee