Friday, April 2, 2010

You Know You're Old When...

It’s 80 F, 6:30 pm, the girls are swinging in the backyard after dinner…

Mouse: Mom, I’m 5 and how much again?
Me: 5 and ¾.
Mouse: Oh yeah! And pretty soon I’ll be 6. Will I celebrate my birthday at school when I’m in first grade?
Me: I don’t know.
Mouse: That’s cos you don’t REMEMBER because it was so LONG ago! How old are you again and when did you go to first grade.?
Me: Uh, I’m 35 and it’s been almost 30 years since I was in first grade. Things have changed a lot since I was in first grade.
Mouse: Yeah! That’s a very, very, very long time ago. There aren’t any dinosaurs around any more now.
Me: I think it’s time to go in and get ready for a bath now… (good grief!)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Cute story! Thanks for the comment at Pretty Babies!