Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Big News

So that big news I was cranking about last night? The news that made me overreact to Baboo pooping in the pool, (though really, that was gross)?

Well, I heard last night about 10.

I've got a job. Yup. Me. ME!

I’m going to be a preschool teacher at my daughters’ cooperative school. I decided, after a lot of thought and encouragement from friends to apply back at the end of February. A good friend helped me edit and reedit my resume and kicked me in the pants several times to knock the copious amounts of negative self talk out of my head. Hubster also kicked me in the pants several times, but maybe that was just for fun. (kidding). He was so incredibly supportive and is always my biggest champion. I was happy with my submission but figured it would stop there.

I was the first person to get called for an interview and the first interviewee. I left feeling like a total moron and figured it would get left there.

Insert a month of waiting, and last night I finally got a call. Just as I was getting ready to shut everything down and just go to bed already, the call came in. And my heart is still pounding.

I love our school, love our teachers, love our philosophy, and love our members. They embrace whole families and this will give me an opportunity to work and sacrifice very little of the time I need to be with my family. Its’ 2 mornings a week and I certainly won’t be getting rich, but it’s a little something and who couldn’t use that right now? This is a place where I feel like I belong and when this job opportunity opened up, I felt like this is where I’m supposed to go. Apparently, the universe agrees.

I’ve got a whole lot to learn and some big shoes to fill, but I’m clearing out my mind and getting ready to absorb as much information as I can. Guess I’d better get to work. And by that, immediately, anyway, I’d better go and unload the dishwasher, get the girls up and tidy up as I have a Pilates class this morning. Haha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job!

I'm sure you will do great!

Cheers to you --- Crayon