Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Universe Conspires

So, it’s T minus 5 days until the first day of school. The girls are just getting over a mild cold. Both had low fevers, runny noses and are still working on coughs. But overall, they’re much better.

Hubster has been sick for a few days with a fever, head cold and now bronchitis. He’s on heavy antibiotics and cough syrup and lots of rest.

Baboo has had 3 bad nights in a row, leaving me with just a few hours of passable sleep (not night terrors, but night ANGER. Yikes.) And of course, this has been one of the busiest weeks we’ve had in a while. No rest for the very weary, especially one whose backup (Hubster) is out of commission.

How can I not feel like my little world here is conspiring against me and trying to take me out at the knees? I CAN. NOT. Get sick. I just can’t. Not that there is ever a good time, but especially right NOW, I can’t go there. However, being surrounded by nasty cold germs 24/7, driven into the ground with school coming up and all that being a co-op parent on the board entails (meetings and so forth) all with very little sleep makes me wonder how on earth I’ll make it.

Though I’m trying to think positively and just WILL myself to stay healthy, I hope that I’ve got SUPER Zicam in my back pocket.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I think its funny that earlier today I used the phrase 'T minus 6' days in describing H's kindergarten starting. I too am starting to get sick (no I'm not) but I am. Hope you for real aren't.