Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Crash Landing Into Real Life

We’ve come back into real life with a bit of a crash landing, as we usually do after a vacation. It’s always a shock to come back after being somewhere else to find that our lives are just as they are before we left. It’s a slap in the face to be honest. And while it was great to be away and we really did have a good time, it is good to be home too. Slap in the face ‘n all.

No real Trouble Spot Tuesday post – AGAIN – as right now my whole life is a bit of a trouble spot as we get back into gear here. So, um, clean out a drawer or HEY… did you know that you should clean the lint vent on your dryer? Not just the screen, but the pipe going to your dryer vent. Yeah, clean that out. Good luck with that. See ya next week. (I did this recently and it took me an HOUR. Nasty).

So, today I had my first “therapy” session and it was as stereotypical as I thought it would be. Several times I almost laughed out loud at the stereotypical-ness of it. Sitting on the couch, pouring out my guts, having the therapist nod and say “hmmm. Interesting” while scratching secret codes about my sanity onto my hastily filled out forms. However, I do like him and will see how things go over the next few sessions. I suppose, if nothing else, I’m happy to burden someone else with my troubles for a while. I do feel as though I’m being proactive about this and truly, this is the time to do this as I have a prairie sized view full of time in front of me with no moves/job changes/babies/earth-shattering-life-changes in the foreseeable future. Much different than the last, say, 6 years of my life. No wonder I feel so fucked up.

After we got home, I was understandably drained. I convinced the girls to play “nap” which involved me lying on the bed while they bounced around me and tried not to land on my head. In general, it was not very restful but it was certainly entertaining. Mouse popped around me like piece of popcorn in a hot pan, talking constantly about ALL the things SHE did to personally make my bedroom so wonderful for me. And Baboo popped around right behind her trying to mimic everything she said.

Mouse: (bouncing around my head) And Mommy, you see those pictures on your wall? I MADE them. I PAINTED them and then I MADE the frames. Yeah, I used some glue and wood and made it like a RECTANGLE and put the pretty pictures in there. Yeah, I did that all by myself.

Baboo: (Bounce, Bounce.)Mommy! Gwue. Paint, paint! ME!

Mouse: (bouncing on my back) And see that dresser over there? Yeah, I made that too. I needed a lot of wood and a HAMMER and then I put ALL those knobs on. There’s a lot of knobs. And the mirror? It’s GLASS! But I used paper too because glass is sharp. I made that for YOU!

Baboo: (Bounce, bounce) Mommy! Gwass! Ouch! No touch! Me!

Mouse: (bouncing on my legs) And you know those pillows with all the colours on them? I took a whole bunch of thread and I swirled it around and then I took my sewing machine and SMOOOOTHED it out and then I glued the pillows together to make it REALLY nice for you, Mom.

Baboo: (Bounce, bounce)… WHEEE PIW-OWS! (launching herself at my head).

No comments: