Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Another Run By Posting

Oh, poor neglected blog. You are so at the bottom of my priority list right now. Or, at least if there was a list, you’d be at the bottom. Right now I’m just flapping around rushing frantically from one desperately neglected item to the next. Ahead of you has been: 2 huge school functions, a 3 yr old birthday party, house guests, cleaning, grocery shopping, school, doctor appointments, swimming lessons… yada-yada-yada. You get the idea.

However, that’s not to say that some great and weird things haven’t been happening and if I could blog via telepathy, they’d ALLLLL be documented. But they’re not. And because I’m seriously lacking in the sleep department, my memory is the size of a dried up pea.

So, Baboo turned 3 recently and she shares her birthday with my best friend’s (Becprints) daughter H. I know, what are the chances of that? I said it outloud when I was pregnant with Baboo as in “Hey, wouldn’t it be funny if this baby was born on H’s birthday “ And it happened. True story. Anyway, we had a rockin’ kitty cat bash this year as it was the “year of the cat” at our house. The kids came, devoured cat shaped sandwiches and jell-o jigglers, cat cupcakes, ran around with cat masks on meowing, smashed “cat chow” (rainbow Cheerios) into the carpet and had an awesome time. Hubster’s parents and his cousin (who I secretly refer to as the sister I ALWAYS wanted) drove down to share the weekend with us and we all enjoyed the company and extra help.

And all that said, I can’t believe my “baby” is 3 and proudly telling me “Mama! You don’t need to come into the baf-woom wif me because I’m FWEE and ALL GROWED UP now!”. Ok, then.

In other awesome news, after much angst and nashing of teeth, Mouse was invited to attend an awesome elementary school in our district. I’m BEYOND excited about it. We got the letter on Saturday – after I gave up hope of it coming, and I literally was dancing around the kitchen. Mouse looked at me with some kind of shocked horror because this really wasn’t what she pictured for grade 1.

And then it hit me that she’ll be going into grade 1. In a few months. Good grief. But at least she’ll be at an awesome school and Baboo is automatically grandfathered in and so I don’t have to freak out about the next level until Mouse reaches grade 5.

In my last post I posted about the washer and it’s possible imminent death. So far it’s still running and we’ll continue to just let it do it’s thing for as long as we can keep it going. It really seems to be ok now, but we’ll assume that that may not last. Sears Cares apparently has sent me an email to try to “increase my satisfaction with their service” but I’m in the process of checking to see if it’s a scam or not.

And despite things being increasingly hectic, (what happened to a slow January/February? Seriously? It’s been CRAZY around here lately) spring break is around the corner and we have NO plans other than sitting around in our pajamas and doing basically nothing. Ok, that’s not really true. We have a few small appointments and we’ll squeeze in some fun but we will not be running around at breakneck speed until we all want to just hurt someone. At least I hope not.

No comments: