Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It's Hippopotamus!

I’ve got a gaggle of girls in my house today. This afternoon, Mouse has 2 girls from her class over for a play date. In the car on the way home from school, they were all singing a song they learned at Halloween, and Baboo though only knowing the first line, was not to be left out, so she kept repeating it. I now think I’m a mean old witch with my hat, riding on my broom with my cat… I think I’ve been brain washed.

While they were eating lunch (a child’s buffet of grilled cheese, mac ‘n cheese, O noodle soup, apples, grapes and grape juice) they kept taking “polls”. One of the girls would YELL “Raise your hand if you like RAINBOWS!” and whip her hand into the air. Of course, the other girls would wave their hands as high as possible (cos, really, who DOESN’T like rainbows??) . They’d look at each other around the table, smile knowingly then yell… It’s UNANIMOUS!! ( A new word they learned at school recently).

Then Baboo enthusiastically raise her little hand up and yell after the big girls “It’s Hippopotamus!”

Close enough. I think I might have snorted some of my very grown-up pumpkin soup trying not to laugh.

Repeat for the yellow, blue, orange, green cups, kitties, and all things sparkly. Apparently, everyone hippopotamusly, I mean, unanimously loves these things.

I guess this is table conversation when you’re 5.

No comments: