Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sears Really Does Care

So, I did realize that I had something somewhat worth noting to write about.

Just after I posted my complaint about my dying washer, I received an email from a Sears Care rep apologizing for my crappy service and asking me to contact them to discuss any options for helping to make this right. Initially, I figured it was a scam and ignored it. Then I got another email, and decided to search on the internet to see if it was real. I couldn’t find anything, so I emailed back and said “Listen, I’m not sure you’re a real person and I’m not giving you my personal information, so give me a number to call you.”

Very promptly, as in less than a day later, I get an email seemingly from a real person with a real phone number. I pondered on this again for a few days and decide to call. Strangely enough, I get a real person right away and it really is the Sears Service department.

They apologized for the crummy service and offered to refund some of my money and offered me a discount on a new machine.

Now, the old machine is still working and we’ve decided that until it dies we will just live with it. I hesitate to say that it hasn’t gotten any worse, but it’s still running and that’s ok with us.

They were quick, pleasant and I received my refund prompty and did try to work things out. I appreciate that kind of effort.

So, thank you Sears Cares.

No comments: